Monday, December 17, 2007

i am legend

vishnu help me i love will smith. i saw hitch in the theaters. i saw the pursuit of happiness in the theatre. and i'll probably see hancock when it comes out. i have stated this elsewhere but, as far as rapper's turned actors are concerned i have more respect for will smith than i do for ice cube. this movie was a little bit different from the indepenence day's and the bad boy's in the sense that it wasn't full of snippy oneliners. will smith is actually decent actor and would put him in line with my favorites. this movie... sure the cgi was a little hokey. but it had what i like in an post-apocolyptic film survival, dogs, and mutants. it made me want to read the book. so... yeah...
ps it also has this awesome batman trailer at the beginning of it.
i give it 4 out of five beards.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Alex said...

Normally I hate Will Smith, but this was really good. Don't get me wrong, I went into this knowing Smith had the ability to act (Six Degrees Of Separation), he just doesn't usually use it (Wild Wild West).
I was really impressed that he did not once use the phrase, "Oh, Hell Naw!!" And he convincingly cried. The sad scene in this movie (I won't ruin it for all your readers) was really sad. Heather was crying like a baby.
As far as CGI being hokey. I thought it was pretty good. It definitely looked cartoony, but if they made it more "realistic" it would have felt like a Zombie movie. Which it was not. It was more of a fantasy/survival movie. I think it was scary enough. More realistic Dark Seekers would have been too intense. Especially the scene when you first encounter them with Smith going after his dog.
Just my two cents. Thumbs up.

PS. The new Batman is gonna rule.